Godfred has the rare skill set of representing people in diverse areas of Canadian law. He practices criminal defence, family, immigration, business and civil litigation. He has defended clients charged with all types of offences under the Criminal Code. He has successfully argued motions and litigated before all court levels in Nova Scotia including the Federal Court of Appeal and Tax Court. He has represented clients before the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board. He has also provided legal opinions and advice to clients in diverse areas of practice.
He believes that everyone deserves an opportunity to be heard, even if that means giving people a second chance. He will work with his clients using whatever the law offers to provide the right solution to their problems.
Godfred is resilient, hardworking and brings a toughened approach to his clients. He does not rest and will do everything within the law to ensure success for his clients. He is committed to excellence and pays attention to detail with drive to success through relentless effort and ethical values.
He is passionate and active in his community; as a lawyer and advocate, Godfred is committed and actively involved and interested in the Nova Scotia community’s economic and social development. He understands the sensitivities and values of Nova Scotians.
He enjoys running, playing football (soccer) and watching hockey. He also enjoy reading, current affairs, politics, and volunteering with local organizations.
- Member, Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society Racial Equity Committee, 2016 present.
- Member, Halifax Harbourside Rotary Club, 2015 present.
- Chair, Halifax Harbourside Rotary Club’s International Committee, 2018 present.
- Executive Secretary, Rotary International District 7820
- Board member, African Diaspora Association of the Maritimes (ADAM), 2014 to 2016
- Board chair, African Diaspora Association of the Maritimes (ADAM), 2016 to 2018
- Leading member, UN Decade of People of African Descent DPAD Coalition of Nova Scotia 2016-2018.
- Represented ADAM on the Nova Scotia Election Boundary working group 2017-2018
Professional Activities and Affiliation
Bar admission: Nova Scotia, 2015
- University of Ghana, Bachelor of Laws, L.L.B
- Dalhousie University, Master of Laws (L.L.M)
- Federation of Law Societies, Certificate of Qualification CQ
- Western University, Master of Arts (MA)
- University of Ghana, Bachelor of Arts (BA)